This is a selected list of my articles in recent years. For reviews see the “my reviews” page and for selected articles related to Fund Strategy click here. All articles on this page from before 2009 are from spiked unless stated otherwise.
Hütet euch vor Grünen im progressiven Gewand. 10 May 2016. Novo. (German translation of spiked article)
Beware greens in progressive clothing. 3 March 2016. spiked
Do we still care about social inequality? 26 June 2015. Financial Times
Israel: Warum Obama Netanjahu hasst. 13 April 2015. Novo. (German translation of spiked article immediately below)
The real reason Obama hates Bibi. 26 March 2015. spiked
Jesuits have much to teach modern business about morality. 26 March 2015. Financial Times
This dodgy tax crusade is undermining freedom. 23 February 2015. spiked
Are the rich different? 4 December 2014. Financial Times
This is not austerity. 10 November 2014. spiked
Can the inequality between billionaires and the world’s poor be redressed? 27 June 2014. Financial Times
‘Beyond GDP’ is code for anti-prosperity. 21 May 2014. spiked
Emerging markets await equity culture. 28 April 2014. Financial Times
An anti-capitalist billionaire. 28 March 2014. Financial Times
There is nothing radical about today’s rage against inequality. 18 March 2014. spiked
Ariel Sharon and the death of the Israeli dream. 14 January 2014. spiked
Inequality rules. 6 December 2013. Financial Times
Boris Johnson is not Gordon Gekko. 2 December 2013. spiked
Wages are not the whole story for real incomes. 11 October 2013. Financial Times
Egalitarismus: Gleichheit in Unfreiheit. 11 October 2013. Novo Argumente (in German)
Crusade against the Kremlin. 20 September 2013. Financial Times
Bank bashing makes you go blind. 19 July 2013. spiked
Who’s afraid of inequality? 10 June 2013. The Intelligent Optimist(only first part of article available)
Argument: Is it time to ditch the pursuit of economic growth?. May 2013. New Internationalist.
Wie is er bang voor ongelijkheid?. May-June 2013. The Optimist (Dutch edition).
Bill Gates’ attack on capitalism is nothing to cheer. 15 March 2013. Guardian.
Inequality did not cause the crisis. 30 January 2013. spiked (previously previewed on spiked Plus).
Would Shard critics once have slammed the Eiffel tower. 5 July 2012. Guardian.
The petty politics of the anti-inequality brigade. 11 May 2012.spiked (previously previewed on spiked Plus).
Sharing pain, not wealth. 16 March 2012. Online Opinion (full version of article already published in the Australian).
Sharing pain, not wealth. 12 March 2012. The Australian (part of the article is behind a paywall).
-Eurokrise: Das Märchen vom faulen Griechen und den deutschen Musterknaben. 20 February 2012. Novo Argumente(in German).
-Argumente gegen Wachstumsskeptiker. 16 December 2011. Novo Argumente(in German).
-Schumacher was no radical – if you curtail growth living standards drop. 16 November 2011. Guardian.
-Seven billion people like you. 31 October 2011. Independent.
-Sieben Milliarden Gründe zum Feiern. 11 October 2011. Novo (in German).
- Ferraris für alle! 31 August 2011. Novo (in German). A shortened version ran in The European.
- Do not knock prosperity that makes the good life possible. 15 June 2011. Shanghai Daily.
- Let it grow, let it grow, let it grow. 3 March 2011. The American.
- Closing statement in Economist debate on the global elite. 17 February 2011. Economist.com.
- Rebuttal statement in Economist debate on the global elite. 11 February 2011. Economist.com.
- Opening statement in Economist debate on the global elite. 8 February 2011. Economist.com.
- Israel and Palestine: more divided than ever. 26 January 2011. spiked.
- Bouwen en bloeien. December 2010. Ode magazine (in Dutch).
- It’s not just the Tories who want austerity. 21 October 2010. spiked.
- Prosperity without growth: a contradiction in terms?. 20 October 2010. Independent.
- A ‘new normal’ after Lehman? 11 October 2010. Westlaw News.
- Vince Cable IS an anti-capitalist ... 28 September 2010. spiked.
- Love it or hate it, the Ferrari is a symbol of economic prosperity. 16 September 2010. squaremile.com.
- Mervyn King is wrong to blame the bankers. 15 September 2010. Guardian – comment is free.
- A critique of new economics. 18 August 2010. Economic Policy Centre.
- Why is the bible of capitalism cheering on Chinese workers?. 11 August 2010. spiked
- Growth sceptics selling the economy short. 26 July 2010. the Australian.
- ‘More for less’ deficit policy is mixed up. 24 July 2010. Guardian – comment is free.- An economics blind to human ingenuity. 16 July 2010. Guardian – comment is free.
- Royal Society is set to repeat Malthus’s mistakes. 14 July 2010. Policy Press blog.
- Growth is the alternative to austerity 23 June 2010. spiked.
- Es Gibt Kein Wohlstands-Paradoxon. 6 May 2010. Novo. (German)
- The Greek crisis and the blame game. 6 May 2010. spiked.
- There is an alternative to austerity. 22 March 2010. spiked.
- Dubai: the warrior-victims strikes again. 8 March 2010. spiked
- Not robbing the rich or helping the poor. 15 Feb 2010. spiked.
- It’s easy, and wrong, to blame ‘greedy’ bankers for the meltdown 21 May 2009. Independent.
- Getting to the roots of the economic crisis. 7 May 2009. spiked.
- Why bear markets are talking bull. 13 Oct 2008.
- Myths of Wall Street crisis. 17 Sep 2008.
- Alistair Darling’s split personality. 4 Sep 2008.
- Even capitalism’s fan club is losing faith. 11 Aug 2008.
- This year’s must-have fashion: pity for Indians. 24 June 2008.
- Fed rate cut. 24 Jan 2008.
- China is no ‘green peril’ 10 March 2008. ESSAY.
- Blinkered consumerism. 7 Jan 2008.
- A global working class? 15 Nov 2007.
- A sneaky attack on prosperity. 10 July 2007.
- Debate on population (p3-5 of PDF). July 2007. Debate with the Optimum Population Trust in Spark (Engineers Against Poverty publication).
- The dangers of crying Wolfowitz. 23 May 2007.
- On Davos 2007. 1 Feb 2007.
- There is no ‘paradox of prosperity’ 1 Feb 2007. ESSAY.
- Worse than Scooge. 12 Dec 2006.
- The changing meaning of equality. 27 Nov 2006.
- Why the new Amex card makes me see RED. 28 Sep 2006.
- American Express RED campaign. 28 Sep 2006.
- Who’s happiest: Denmark or Vanuatu? 7 Aug 2006.
- What’s behind the case of the ‘NatWest Three’? 11 July 2006.
- It’s cynicism that is corrupting politics. 23 June 2006.
- Who’s afraid of economic growth? 4 May 2006. ESSAY.
- Munich: a fantasy view of the Middle East 31 January 2006.
- Why people hate fat Americans. 9 Sep 2005. ESSAY.
- What the renminbi revaluation reveals. 3 Aug 2005.
- Hedging their bets. 7 June 2005.
- Poor ambitions for the world. 3 Feb 2005.
- Development should mean more than survival. 17 Jan 2005.
- The dismal quackery of eco-economics. 22 October 2004. ESSAY.
- Seeing red. 19 May 2004.
- Handling the market. 22 March 2004.
- Give us some credit. 4 February 2004.
- ‘Debt addiction’: don’t buy it. 13 November 2003.
- The cost of SARS. 7 May 2003.
- The price of war. 6 March 2003.
- Deflation: inflated concerns. 14 January 2003.
- Tobin or not Tobin? 25 March 2002.